17 Apr Why You Need to Know All About YMYL and E-A-T
Google keeps updating its ranking algorithm. Every website wants to be on top in Google search results. So, with a constant change and each update you need to work on SEO. Being a Delhi SEO services, we resort to detective work and figure out the mysterious ranking algorithm. And save your page rankings from sinking. Google has released its search quality evaluator guidelines in 2015. Its guidelines include three major keys that show how Google looks at web pages. Also, it tells a lot about how it segregates high-quality content from low-quality content. These three golden keys are:
- Beneficial purpose
- E-A-T or page quality
- YMYL (your money or your life)
Multiple algorithm updates happen to make ranking non-partial. You can contact SEO services for retaining or reaching the top position. Because these guidelines that Google offers only give us clues, not definite answers. So, you need an SEO expert who can make essential changes as per the algorithm and rank you higher.
YMYL or Your Money or Your Life:
It is the first and foremost thing to analyze the meaning of YMYL. Your money or your life content relates to the misrepresented information. The content with inaccurate data also falls into this category. So, the content that creates a negative impact on the reader is YMYL content. It could affect the reader’s health, safety, financial stability, or happiness. Thus, the reader has potentially disastrous implications on their life. Google looks for such content for page ranking and also checks the page quality. Below are examples of YMYL topics.
- News or current affairs: Google looks for such websites that contain important information relating to local, state, or government. It looks for political, business, science topics in particular.
- Government and law: Websites that contain information related to people like voting, services, policies, etc.
- Finance: It looks keenly for the websites that inform about investments. Tax, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Shopping: Websites that provide information about where to buy goods and services. It pertains to the information that allows users to shop online.
- Health and safety: It observes the websites that offer information about medical issues, drugs, hospitals, etc.
- Groups of people: The websites that pertain to groups of people providing statistics based on religion, caste, gender, age, etc.
- Others: There are also other sets of websites that can lie under the category of YMYL. The other websites may include fitness, finding jobs, etc.
Following are three important factors that matter for ranking YMYL content:
- The page quality determines the purpose of the web page. It also helps a lot in determining whether or not it follows the user’s search query.
- Page quality also considers if the website is to benefit the users. The websites that harm the user in any way have the least page quality.
- You have to take page purpose into account to establish a higher page quality rating. It includes sharing information about any topic, allowing comments and questions from the users.
YMYL queries fall under four categories depending on what the user wants to achieve. They are:
- Do query
- Know from query
- Website query
- Visit in person query
Google has very high page quality standards for YMYL content. Because low-quality YMYL content can have a potentially negative impact on users. So, you need to be very careful while designing the content you deliver to the public.
E-A-T or Page Quality:
After determining that the website is for beneficial purposes, its level of E-A-T is checked carefully. E-A-T helps in knowing whether the content is YMYL. It has a direct impact on the page quality of the website. Also, higher PQ suggests that the website offers beneficial and quality content that is reliable.
- Expertise: It refers to the creator of the main content. It is important to look if the people possess the necessary knowledge and understanding about the topic. Because Google wants to deliver content that is helpful, relevant, and accurate.
- Authoritativeness: Google uses page rank to decide this factor. So, one single way to check it is a link. So, the quality of links has been the topmost factor. It refers to the content itself and on the website it appears. The recognition comes in the form of links, mentions, shares, reviews, etc.
- Trustworthiness: You have to put a lot of effort to gain the trust of people as well as of search engines. Being trustworthy means people can rely on your content and source. So, testimonials and awards are ways to build trust among users.
There is a great link between high-quality content and SEO ranking factors. E-A-T and YMYL both look for your content quality. So, make sure to create a positive brand reputation by offering the best quality content.